Nowadays, new and rapidly evolving enterprise IT platforms, delivery models, and capabilities provide an opportunity to increase users, innovate delivery, and extend the business value of technology across the enterprise. But to do so, IT departments must adapt, which often entails transforming proven applications to take advantage of emerging technologies.
The key to effective, efficient operations for IT – and the business – is not to change core offerings or functionality of legacy applications, but rather to modernize them. This is increasingly imperative for legacy applications to work within new contexts and technological formats.
The trend toward rationalizing and modernizing applications affects the entire enterprise IT portfolio, including applications running on Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE) NonStop systems. Fortunately, with the right tools and expertise, it’s possible to cost effectively modernize applications running on the NonStop platform, which itself was recently modernized by HPE.
What do you need to know about modernizing applications on the HPE NonStop platform?
In this eBook, you’ll learn the following:
- Why modernizing legacy applications on the NonStop platform is good IT strategy, given the evolution of both enterprise computing and the HPE NonStop platform
- The business case for modernizing applications
- Three potential approaches to modernization, and why one has such a high success rate
- Strategies for modernizing, including seven domains on which to focus for customer success
- Two case studies that illustrate real life challenges and solutions